Vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin) is an essential water-soluble vitamin that the body uses to maintain healthy nerve cells, produce RNA, DNA and red blood cells and help iron to function properly. B12 also works with folate to produce the amino acid SAMe which controls mood and supports immune function. B12 injections have many benefits and are often prescribed for deficiencies that cause fatigue, shortness of breath, diarrhea, numbness and neurological damage.
Absorption and Availability
A B12 deficiency can result from a lack of intrinsic factor, a substance needed to absorb B12. One of the benefits of B12 injections over oral supplements is its immediate availability to the body. Injections that go directly into the blood stream bypass absorption barriers according to the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and can help people with malabsorption issues like those who have intestinal disorders or have undergone intestinal surgeries.
Pernicious and Megaloblastic Anemia
Pernicious and megaloblastic anemia can occur due to a lack of intrinsic factor and malabsorption of B12. Symptoms of anemia include weakness, paleness, diarrhea, weight loss, fever, numbness in the extremities, difficulty balancing, confusion, memory loss and moodiness. According to the NIH and Mayo Clinic, pernicious anemia is a lifelong condition that occurs in 1 to 2 percent of older adults and is treated with high dose B12 injections.
Fatigue and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
The University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC) says fatigue caused by a B12 deficiency is often alleviated with B12 injections which boosts energy. Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a condition characterized by extreme tiredness that gets in the way of normal everyday activities. Regular B12 injections over several weeks may improve CFS symptoms but further testing is needed to confirm its efficacy.
Vitamin B12 supplementation is being studied for its effects on a variety of conditions. According to the Mayo Clinic, current research surrounding B12 is looking at its effects on Alzheimer’s and dementia, breast cancer, heart disease and high cholesterol. Other conditions that have been studied but need more research to confirm the benefits of B12 include male infertility, asthma, Parkinson’s disease and sickle cell disease.
How often: It can be weekly or as often as daily as you monitor your energy level.
*We offer take home injection. Come in and learn how to administer B12 injection safely at home and save your time.
Metabolic Booster & Fat Burner
MIC injection also referred to as ‘Lipo Injections’, is used to help release fat throughout the body by specifically targeting its primary fatty deposits, normally the stomach, inner tights, neck, buttocks, hips, and underarms. The key amino acid used to make this shot is: Vitamin B12, Choline, Methionine, and Inositol.
Lipotropic, or fat burning substances include: inositol, which helps the liver remove fat; choline, which distributes cholesterol and prevents it from getting deposited in one part of the body; and methionine, which is similar to inositol, but also amplifies the combination.
How often: Weekly Injection
*We offer take home injection. Come in and learn how to administer MIC injection safely at home and save your time.
Vitamin D Shot
Vitamin D is an essential vitamin for human growth and development, but the body does not always produce as much vitamin D as it needs. Vitamin D deficiency can be solved with supplements or injections. A vitamin D injection is a physician-administered dose of vitamin D that is injected directly into the bloodstream. Vitamin D injection is also a treatment option for a host of medical conditions, including rickets and fibromyalgia.
The risks of vitamin D deficiency are significant, and include brittle bones, osteoporosis, and liver and kidney disorders. For some people, correcting or avoiding vitamin D deficiency is as simple as taking in a bit more sunlight, or upping the consumption of vitamin D-rich foods. For others, outside supplements may be needed to ensure proper levels of the vitamin. Supplements are particularly important for people whose bodies do not properly secrete vitamin D, or whose bodies do not effectively break down vitamin D in foods.
Vitamin D injection is one method of vitamin D supplement. A vitamin D injection is performed by a doctor and the advantage to vitamin D injection is the vitamin is immediately absorbed into the blood.
The top 5 health benefits of Vitamin D injection are:
- It helps the intestine absorb nutrients, including calcium and phosphorus. This ensures strong bones and a strong immune system.
- It prevents osteomalacia and rickets. Osteomalacia, which causes weakness of the muscular system and brittle bones, is most prevalent among adults with vitamin D deficiency. Rickets is a skeletal deformity mostly seen in children with vitamin D deficiency.
- It provides calcium balance in the body that prevents osteoporosis or arthritis.
- It regulates blood pressure, reduces stress and tension, relieves body aches and pains by reducing muscle spasms, reduces respiratory infections, helps in differentiation of the cells, aids in insulin secretion, helps fight depression, improves overall skin health by reducing wrinkles, makes skin soft, strong, and smooth, and improves cardio- vascular strength by providing a protective lining for the blood vessels.
- It is recommended in the treatment of several diseases. It may prevent preeclampsia by improving kidney function, cancer by controlling abnormal multiplication of cancer cells, diabetes mellitus by controlling insulin production, hyperparathyroidism by reducing parathyroid numbers, osteomalacia by improving bone and muscle strength, hypophosphatemia by controlling the phosphates in the body, hypocalcaemia by preventing abnormal deposition of calcium, and renal osteodystrophy by regulating calcium content and fibromyalgia.
How often: Weekly Injection
Anti-Aging & Weight Loss
Benefits: Anti-aging, weight loss, and balancing infertility hormone
How often: Daily injection
Benefits: Boost libido function, muscle building, mood regeneration, & reduce cardiovascular risks
How often: Weekly injection
Benefits: Toradol is NSAID (Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug) pain killer. This shot will give you an instant relief of acute pain.
How often: As needed